The Indian Hills Community College Athletic Hall of Fame was established in 2011 to honor former Indian Hills athletes, coaches, and teams that achieved excellence through their performances, and individuals who provided outstanding support for the athletics program.
The first induction ceremony was held in February 2012 with seven members making up the initial Hall of Fame (HOF) class. A second ceremony followed in February 2013 with another six members in that class. In 2014, there were five individuals selected to the HOF and the selection committee voted to honor two deserving individuals with Lifetime Contribution Awards.
In each of the first two years of the Hall of Fame, a special induction event was held during the summer to formally recognize former IHCC athletes Pete Mickeal and C.J. Bruton who, because of their commitments playing basketball overseas, couldn't attend the larger ceremony in the winter.
The next Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, the fourth for the college, will be held on Saturday, January 30, 2016, during halftime for the Men's Basketball game against Northeast Community College at the Hellyer Student Life Center in Ottumwa. Main Campus (Ottumwa), and the Centerville Ceremony will be held on Friday, January 29, in the Barn from 6-8pm. (Centerville)
Since the Hall of Fame was instituted, a special reception honoring the inductees, some of whom have ties to the college's Centerville campus, has been held in the Barn on that campus. A dinner for the award winners and their invited guests has taken place on Saturday prior to the induction ceremony, scheduled for halftime of an IHCC basketball game. A reception has been hosted on the Ottumwa campus immediately after the game to provide another opportunity for the public to visit with and congratulate the inductees.
We are currently accepting nominations for the Indian Hills Athletic Hall of Fame.
An individual or team shall be eligible for induction into the Indian Hills Athletic Hall of Fame when they meet the required waiting period (5 years) and at least one of the suggested eligibility guidelines.
- Individual Athletes:
—Won an individual national championship or played on a national championship team
—Received Conference honors
—Other athletes worthy of consideration
- Coaches who have compiled a significant winning record while supporting the educational programs of the college and contributing to the future success of the athletes who competed under his/her leadership.
- Other persons (administrators, community members, faculty/staff, etc.) who have made a significant contribution to the Indian Hills athletic program.
- Any athletic team that qualified for an NJCAA National Tournament or NJCAA College World Series.
Eligibility waiting period:
- Nominees shall become eligible for the Indian Hills Athletic Hall of Fame five full academic years after completing his/her athletic eligibility or coaching tenure at Indian Hills.
- No waiting period applies for administrators, community members, faculty/staff, or others who have made a significant contribution to the Indian Hills athletic program.
- The Selection Committee may consider waiving the time requirement in extraordinary situations. To do so, a unanimous vote would be required by the Committee.
To nominate someone for one of the above categories, please complete the Online Nomination Form.
Athletic Hall of Fame Members
See photographs from the Athletic Hall of Fame events.